Re: Detecting multiple To: headers?

1999-06-05 04:37:39
On Wed, 02 Jun 1999 15:37:45 -0500, Philip Guenther
<guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu>
wrote:
Tony Lam <Tony(_dot_)Lam+procmail(_at_)eng(_dot_)sun(_dot_)com> writes:
Is there a easy way to detect number of recipients of a message?
Here's the last I mail I have from that thread, with one small bugfix
applied.  In this case the goal was to bounce any message with more
than 19 recipients.
<...>
# Put the string to match against into $HEADERLINES
:0 # H is implicit
* $ ()\/$REGEXP(.*)$

There seems to be a typo here. In another version I found in the
archives, this was

# Put the string to match against into $HEADERLINES
:0 # H is implicit

The message I copied this from otherwise looks identical (including
the paragraph about 19 recipients :-) -- I found this at the URL
<http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/procmail/1997-08/msg00073.html>

For some odd reason, searching for HEADERLINES didn't bring up the
original, which is however in the archives; the thread leading up to
that is also pretty insteresting, so you could want to read that.