Help with scripts

1999-06-08 16:44:26
Is there an idiot's HOWTO for running scripts within procmail?

I need to set up a way to process incoming faxes and send them out to
users.

mgetty+sendmail sends a notification that looks like this:

A fax was successfully received:
Sender ID: _      1 843 524 2083_
<snip>
  /var/spool/fax/incoming/ff75d5a95D0-_-1-222-555-2083_.01
<snip>

There may be more than one spool file (one file per page).  I want to
set up procmail to proces this message, snip out the file names, convert
them to .gif, and assemble a message that then forwards to the admin
person who either discards, prints, or forwards the fax as email.

I can to the conversion (g3cat $file | ... ... > $file.gif ) but things
get really vague both before and after.  Any examples of how to invoke
scripts from procmail, expecially scripts that edit and assemble
messages, would be most welcome.

TIA,

Yan
--