Pulling out entire body

1999-06-18 14:22:51
Ok, I've read the FAQ and tutorials, but I'm still lost.  I'm trying to take
the most important lines out of the header, and put the entire body into a
file, or pass them all to my perl script that inserts them into a MySQL
database. The concept is to have all mail that goes to a certain account be
entered directly into the database, so our support guys can make sure the
email is replied to, and not replied to multiple times.

Here is what I've come up with so far:

SUBJECT=`formail -zxSubject:`
FROM=`formail -zxFrom:`
:0bf:
#:0:
| script.pl -s "$SUBJECT" -s "$FROM" >>output4
IN.testing

I left my comments in there, but it would even be Ok if I saved the message
as a file, and
passed the subject and From lines to a script, and then loaded the body
(with or without header) from a file from inside the script.

If you need any more data I'd be thrilled to provide it.

Daniel R Sullivan