Re: running a recipe only during certain hours

1999-06-19 05:23:06
On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:17:14 -0500 (CDT), "David W. Tamkin"
<dattier(_at_)Mcs(_dot_)Net> wrote:
It doesn't recognize holidays that fall during the week, but doing
so would complicate it greatly, plus I don't know which holidays
ZC's friend gets off, having never lived in Finland. Era?

Well, you have Vappu (first of May), and Ascension Day, and
Midsummer's Eve, of course, and ... Uh, like Liviu pointed out,
remind(1) is a really good solution for this.

(The list of Finnish holidays must be Lingsoft's greatest contribution
to mankind -- so far :-)

But actually, the answer to "how do I get notified of mail when I'm
not at the computer" is probably to somehow let Procmail figure out
when you are at the computer, more or less in real time, than rely on
date calculations and a database of holidays. Or a combination of
these methods, with some defaults but also an easy way to specify
exceptions. Hmmm, perhaps by sending an SMS message from your phone to
Procmail? :-)

/* era */

--
.obBotBait: It shouldn't even matter whether     <http://www.iki.fi/era/>