Problem Invoking Promail Without Shell Account

1999-06-24 11:54:03
My server says that he has system-wide Procmail set.

I don't have a shell account, but he and I both thought that it would be
possible to use .forward and .procmailrc  to have my incoming catch-all
mail account filtered with Procmail.

But it's not working!!!!

I've run every test in the book, every day, every waking hour, for the
last six days.
How can I get a simple .forward and .procmailrc file to run properly?

He just installed procmail. Is it possible that he doesn't have
something set right?
What are the proper programs necessary to run procmail?
I know he's installed Sendmail and Procmail and has Shell in /bin/sh
but does he need other items such as Formail or others?
What are the permissions necessary to properly do this?

Please e-mail me directly as I don't view the archive often.

Evan

Evan(_at_)BillEvans(_dot_)org

P.S. I'll forward any information that my server needs to know directly
to him.