filtering on hub that forwards email

1999-06-27 18:27:19
Greetings,
At the company I work for we have an email hub running
sendmail 8.9.1 on Solaris 2.7 that I would like to install
procmail on.  However, the email hub is outside our firewall
and doesn't actually deliver the email locally.  It's job is
to be a dns sever and sendmail is configured to forward all
email to a Lotus Notes SMTP gateway (inside the firewall)
for conversion and delivery.  Can I still use procmail on
the hub outside our firewall to filter all the email?  Is
there a better solution?
Thanks for any suggestions,

Allen Webster
abweb(_at_)uswest(_dot_)net