Re: Autoreplying with a difference

1999-06-28 07:39:36
On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Steve wrote:

If I receive an email, and the sender of the email is in my
addressbook (a pine addressbook, which is $HOME/.addressbook),
then to autorespond to them, otherwise not autorespond.

Export the addressbook to a text file:
- select all
- save
- export
- address
- enter filename (eg. addresses.txt)

in .procmailrc:
:0Whc
* ^From: \/.*
| fgrep $MATCH addresses.txt

:0A
(autorespond)

Two (at least) caveats:
- if you change your address book, re-export it
- you might want to narrow down the "^From" line, as people may have
  extra cruft in that line; I'm sure the archive have something ...
  you'll want to try to get just the name(_at_)domain part, so that the
  fgrep will have a chance of finding it.

-jeff
--
"The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance."