Unidentified subject!

1999-07-11 01:17:28
I wish to send email to all of my users. My userlist is contained in a txt file

I was previously doing this with an /etc/aliases entry

mylist:         :include:/etc/mylist.txt

My problem occur when I recently sent a poll out to my users asking for a response. Most of my users selected 'Reply To All' instead of 'Reply'. This causing their responses to go back to all users. In order to prevent this I attempted to hack away at a recipe.

Here is what I attempted and please provide any suggestions or cleanup that this is in need of

/etc/aliases entry

mytest:         mailbot
mylist:         :include:/etc/mylist.txt

.procmailrc in /usr/home/mailbot

# Mail to mytest pass if from staff
:0 i
# Line below prevents loops
* !^From.*mytest
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* ^TO.*mytest
* ^FROM.*staff
| mail mylist(_at_)ihs2000(_dot_)com

# No mail to mytest if not from staff
:0 i
# Line below prevents loops
* !^From.*mytest
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* ^TO.*mytest
| (formail -r -t ; cat /usr/home/mailbot/nopass.message) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

If it's not from staff it works just fine... the problem arises when it IS from staff.

The mail is sent back to the /etc/aliases file sent to mylist

This hasn't solved my problem since the received email is now addressed to mylist.

How can I have the first part of the recipe match that it IS from staff and have it pass the mail along without changing the TO: or FROM: and adding mylist to the BCC field?

TIA

http://www.ihs2000.com
mailto:hensj(_at_)ihs2000(_dot_)com

Henry Smith