sorting mail based on incoming From: headers?

1999-07-23 17:46:39
Hi,

I have spent a lot of time digging through the procmail FAQs, example
pages and archive but have not found anything yet about sorting incoming
mail into files in the MAILDIR that are named from the address in the
"From: " header line.

I know that I can do this if I enumerate all likely addresses.  Instead,
I want to do this without foreknowledge.

Is this possible?

Another way to ask it might be, can I take the pattern matched by a
recipie and then use that match as a file name to be saved to?  If I can
is there a way to get the canonical e-mail address or just the "name"
portion of the address?

Dean...K...

--
Dean Karres               | http://www2.southwind.net/~karres