Hashed mail spools.

1999-08-03 10:53:11
I've recently been toying with the idea of using a multi mail spools for
mail delivery on my local systems. The idea was to deliver in the following
format:
test(_at_)example(_dot_)com is delivered to /var/spool/mail/example.com/test
and so on.
I've seen examples to handle this in both Maildrop and Procmail, but
normally the methods used would not handle wildcards (i.e.
subdomain.example.com) properly.
Would anyone care to share their experiences with multiple mail spools with
me? I've yet to find anyone who has been sucessful.
Thanks in adavance.

(A)bort, (R)etry, (T)hink (D)ifferent

Paul Sullivan                 P. 305.377.2880
System Administrator    F. 305.377.2870
Plexus InterACTIVE       E. psullivan(_at_)plexmedia(_dot_)com
http://www.plexmedia.com/