Re: my .procmailrc

1999-08-06 10:01:32
ruud:
DEFAULT=ruud(_at_)localhost

era:
This will save all unmatched messages to a file called
ruud(_at_)localhost
in whatever happens to be MAILDIR when Procmail trips over the end
of
the .procmailrc, is that your intention?

No, I'll take it out.
Hey, I just met procmail and sendmail 3 days ago ...
OK, that's not something to be proud about at all, I know.

YYYYMMDD=`date +%Y%m%d`

(As noted on this list many a time, you can get a reasonable time
stamp cheaply from the From_ line of the incoming message, although
transforming that into a string of numbers is not entirely trivial.)

Would a cron-job that once-a-day updates a YYYYMMDD-includerc-file
be much cheaper?

#===========================================
# Auto-Reply to messages with Subject: ping
#-------------------------------------------

Thanks for your comments on the ping-thing.
Your's is in use already.
Please come up with a version that includes
the uptime-output in the stored copy of the message.

The "for <adrexp>" part of the Received: line will not be present if
more than one local user at the upstream got the same message (as I
imagine you have already figured out) and so this is of course not
very reliable.

The main reason for that *$ ^Received: .*()\/for (<)$ADREXP(>)
was that I receive messages from mailing-lists without
a usable To:, and that I have not figured out yet how
to retrieve the Envelope-To, the one I currently use always
becomes "UNKNOWN".

ENV_TO=$1
XET="X-Envelope-To:"

#===========================================
# Add X-Envelope-To: -header
:0 fh w
* ENV_TO ?? .
| $FORMAIL -i "$XET $ENV_TO"
:0 E fh w
| $FORMAIL -i "$XET UNKNOWN"

So if you can tell me how to get $1 filled, thanks.
Otherwise I'll find out myself, and tell about it later.

Regards, "Dr." Ruud

Chaos rules