Re: Altering From: in autoresponders

1999-08-17 19:19:36
Andreas wrote,

| Thanks, that helped, at least some, but I still get
|  Subject: Mail failure - no recipient addresses
| from Sendmail, the recepie currently looks like this:

| :0
| * ^TO_pgp@
| * !^Subject:.*Re:
| * !^FROM_DAEMON
| | (formail -rt \
| -A 'X-Loop: loop-control(_at_)spambuster(_dot_)dhs(_dot_)org' \
| -I 'Reply-To: "Spambusters pgp server"
<pgp(_at_)spambuster(_dot_)dhs(_dot_)org>' \
| -I 'Subject: Autoresponder: Spambusters public pgp key' -X 'Subject:' \
| -I 'X-Mailer: Another Moronic Autoresponder';\
| echo "";\
| cat $HOME/pgp.asc) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

You have  -X 'Subject:'  among the formail options.  One -X or -x overrides
everything else and will make formail output only those fields whose names
begin with the strings that are arguments to -x or -X options.  So you've
reduced formail's output to only "Subject: Autoresponder: Spambusters public
pgp key".

When that, a blank line, and the contents of $HOME/pgp.asc are fed to
sendmail -t, sendmail -t can't find any recipient addresses.

Solution: drop "-X 'Subject:'" like a hot potato.

(Apologies for what this version of Elm does to Andreas's last name.)