Re: Zapping one sender to a mailing list

1999-09-06 13:26:16
Hi!

Try this recipe:

:0
* ^From.*mmekonnen.*
/dev/null

Lic. Rey Segundo Guerrero Proenza
     Departamento de Computacion
     Universidad de Granma
     Bayamo Granma 85100 CUBA
     rey(_at_)comuh(_dot_)uh(_dot_)cu
     http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Orchard/2714

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, David Benfell wrote:

Hi,

Forgive me, this has to be a newbie question, but there is this
obnoxious person who sends into a mailing list I subscribe to.  Because
this person is widely considered obnoxious, we've all pretty much agreed
to ignore him.  Hence my foray into procmail.

I put the following in my .procmailrc, basically copying from the
examples:

:0
* ^From.*Mekonnen      #piece of (expletive deleted) on sftaxi
/dev/null

But I still recieve mail from the guy.  The relevant headers are as
follows (I've spared you the mindless drivel):

----- Forwarded message from Mamo Mekonnen <mmekonnen(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
-----

From: "Mamo Mekonnen" <mmekonnen(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: sftaxi(_at_)cab(_dot_)com