Getting the correct From out of sendmail - summary

1999-09-19 13:27:29
Thanks to Karl Vogel and Philip Guenther.

The opinion was to add at least the b flag to the sendmail.cf invocation
of procmail.  This forces a blank line before each new message.  Other
flags were suggested and in particular capital E looked useful. This
converts any From lines where From is at the start of a line and not at
the envelope position to From> However, it had the definitely unwanted
side effect of causing even more concatenationss full of From> lines.
The b on its own did not cure the problem but we also set the option in
sendmail to retain Unix style From lines and the combination has so far
improved matters but we are holding our breath.   At three mails a
second, anything going wrong is pretty catastrophic.
stuart mckenzie

--
sysop