Re: FROM_MAILER problem

1999-09-23 08:13:07
On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:01:37 -0500, David Stone
<dstone(_at_)chem(_dot_)utoronto(_dot_)ca> wrote:
I recently had a spam sneak through filters with the following
header:
     From: mailer_daemon151(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com
First appearances are that this was identified by the FROM_MAILER
"macro" in procmail v3.11pre7  Is this possible?

Appears to be exactly what happened.

I had thought that this macro _wouldn't_ match on mailer addresses
that included numbers in the userid? Or do I need to add a test for
"fudged" mailer addresses?

What I do is check if the From_ line and the From: line resemble each
other. Usually the ones which are From_ mailer_daemon are From:
typicalspammer093450(_at_)freemail(_dot_)net and vice versa.

/* era */

--
 Too much to say to fit into this .signature anyway: <http://www.iki.fi/era/>
  Fight spam in Europe: <http://www.euro.cauce.org/> * Sign the EU petition