changing log file within a 'c'

1999-09-23 09:19:18

This is one of my first receipes

This is done AFTER all variables are assigned

Its purpose is to create a backup of each message that comes in

However I do not want/need to see this in the procmail log
Unless something goes wrong

so i change the LOGFILE entry within the { }

Since this is a ':0c' receipe, what I am wondering is this:
        will this effect the LOGFILE of the other copy of the message?
        I want to assume that it will NOT since the other
                LOGFILE= is within the { }
        but I also want to double check

        Thanks --- here's the receipe

:0c
{

                # CHECK to make sure that the backup directory exists
                # If not, create it
        :0chi
        * ! ? /usr/local/gnu/bin/test -d /tmp/luomat/emailbackups/
        |/usr/local/gnu/bin/mkdir -p /tmp/luomat/emailbackups/

                # no need to log the backup
        LOGFILE=/dev/null

                # save the message to /tmp/luomat/emailbackups
        :0w:
        /tmp/luomat/emailbackups/$$

        # If we get here, something went screwy and we
        # should change the log back to /dev/console

        LOGFILE=/dev/console

                # if that didn't work, try just /tmp
        :0:
        /tmp/emailbackups.luomat.$$