Re: Sed question

1999-10-01 14:21:22
David W. Tamkin said at one time:

That's as far as I can go without an answer to this question: is this going
on inside a shell script or inside a procmail rcfile?  If it's in a procmail
rcfile, there's a very easy solution:

 :0
 * $ $count^0
 * $ -$LINES^0
 { error routine because $count exceeds $LINES }
 :0E
 { success routine }

In a shell script, you'd need to use the shell's built-in test or /bin/test
to compare the two values.

It is a shell script called by SmartList that I am modifying.

Thanks for the great tips! I will get back to work on it all later
this evening.

Cheers,

--Paul T.

--
Windows98 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit