Re: Count # IDP addresses in 'to' line?

1999-10-04 09:47:14
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com> writes:
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:02:24 -0700 (PDT), Larry Wright
<lwright(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com> wrote:

I am getting a fair amount of spam directly addressed to me. It
often comes as a single message addressed to several (~10) users
at my ISP. The ISP part is usually the same in each address(in
this case, @netcom.com). Is there a way to add an 'ISP counter'
for the To: line to my spam routine? If this has already been
done (I'll bet I'm not the first to want one of these:-), please
just give me a pointer.
 For the gory details "man procmailsc", which delves into "scoring"
in procmail.  You might end up with a recipie like so, which will
allow 9, but balk at 10...

:0:
*   -9
*$ 1^1 ^(To|Cc):(_dot_)*(_at_)netcom\(_dot_)com
junkmail

As has been discussed here _very_ recently, this does not work.  To count
the number of matches of a pattern in multiple header fields requires
a recursive INCLUDERC or an external program.  To review that thread
start with the following URL and follow the "Thread Next" links: