Spam on the list

1999-10-05 01:20:43
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Beth Clarke wrote:

bizforu2000(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com writes:

[spam deleted]

Isnt it rather ironic that amongst the discussions of anti-spam
recipes we're getting.... spam, to the list. Can something be done
about it please.

There are many of us who have argued that the list should be made a
subscriber-only one; ie, that only people on the list can post to it. That
would effectively block spammers. Unfortunately though there seems to be a
problem with administering this list; as in nobody who really does that.

It is also sub-optimal that there is no "Reply-To: the list", which
causes answers to go to the person who sent the mail, not the entire list,
by default.

It is ironic, though, I agree. This is also the only mailing list I filter
through my spam filters.

--

          Kimmo Jaskari          | ÅLCOM - Ålands Datakommunikation Ab |