Forward only to valid email?

1999-10-07 10:29:30
How do I check in a recipe for a valid email address
on my machine?

I have both aliased user, as well as normal
users, and the current recipe I use sends forwarded mail
to non-existant users (and thus into the void).  I'm reforwarding
for a domain, and while joe(_at_)domain(_dot_)com is valid,
jane(_at_)domain(_dot_)com
isn't, and I want to either bounce that (with a message)
and/or send it to myself instead.

If I have to create a small file with a list of all valid
addresses, that would be fine.  So if I make a list of:

joe
bill
other
whatever

in validusersdatabase

and now I'd like to forward to any of those, but if unmatched (jane)
to any in the list, send a canned bounce message and/or forward
to me.

help?  a procmail newbie still,
Seth