FW: Mysterious new message header

1999-10-14 07:47:37

Sorry, I didn't look carfully enough the first time.  I seems that ~50% of
the procmail processes are running as guest.  I'm not sure if this is due to
sendmail, which runs procmail, or procmail itself. Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Meitner [mailto:erik(_at_)vbemail(_dot_)net]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 1999 9:33 AM
To: 'procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de'
Subject: Mysterious new message header

Ever since I installed procmail on our mail server, messages that arrive
have an extra header in them:

From guest  Tue Oct 12 11:34:11 1999

(The '>' is supposed to be there).  Procmail is running as the local user
for whom the mail is being delivered to.  What else could cause this?

Thanks,
Erik

  Erik Meitner - Network Technician, MCSE, MCP+i

  Valley Business Equipment and Internet
  http://www.vbe.com
  3200 North Main Street
  Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901