SmartList setup

1999-10-14 15:49:16
Hi,
I am a newbie to Procmail and this is my first posting to this
list. I have recently setup procmail with a fair amount of
success. I am able to successfully filter/sort my mails. I have
also in place SpamBouncer and I beleive it is working fine with
procmail. My next step was to install SmartList. I was quite
confident that I could come thru with that also, but as it turned
out my confidence has been shaken. I wonder if anyone of you would
have installed SmartList on a Sun Ultra Sparc running Solaris 7
and Sendmail version 8.9.

As far as I can figure out, I have followed the installation steps
correctly (I hope). I created a 'testing' mailing list and made
the specified entries to my /etc/mail/aliases file. We have NIS
set up here and so I updated the NIS map for aliases. To test the
list I sent a request to testing-request@<my domain> but I got a
returned mail with the following transcript:

--The original message was received at Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:22:57
-0700 (PDT)
from hayek.agorics.com [207.135.96.37]

"|exec /home/smlist/.bin/flist testing-request"
    (expanded from: <testing-request(_at_)agorics(_dot_)com>)

sh: exec not available for sendmail programs
554 "|exec /home/smlist/.bin/flist testing-request"... Service
unavailable