Re: How do I handle attachments?

1999-10-20 14:43:18
On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:42:40 -0500,
<tim(_at_)ais(_dot_)net> said:

T> I will be receiving emial messages with .zip attachments. I would like
T> to be able to save the zip files and then run a script to process
T> them. Can procmail extract the attachemnt and save them (as zip files)
T> to a specific directory?

   Procmail can run a script to do so.  There's a program called "munpack",
   available from ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/mpack, which can be used to
   break up a MIME-type message.  I was able to break up your original
   message by just saving it to a file and running munpack on that file.

   Look in the procmailex man page for examples of sending an entire mail
   message to a program or script.

--
Karl Vogel
ASC/YCOA, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433, USA