Re: Problem with nmh 1.0.1 under procmail

1999-10-22 00:06:12
On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 03:43:25PM -0600, Jim McMaster wrote:

I am using exmh 2.1.0 and nmh 0.28-pre7 for my mail reader.  It runs under
Solaris 2.6 on a Sun Sparc5.  This old version of nmh has some problems.  In
order to solve these, I am trying to install nmh-1.0.1

When I compile it on Solaris 2.6, using cc: WorkShop Compilers 4.2 30 Oct 1996
C 4.2, it gets a boatload of warnings  about mismatched parameters, but seems
to generate things properly.

When I run rcvstore from procmail, though, I get the following in the procmail
log file

ld.so.1: /home/mcmaster/lib/rcvstore: fatal: relocation error: file
/home/mcmaster/lib/rcvstore: symbol snprintf: referenced symbol not found

This sounds like a program which is run on Solaris 2.5.1 and which
was compiled on 2.6 ! Please check that you are using 2.6 on the
machine which also runs exmh (rcvstore will be invoked by the
machine on which the MTA runs).

--
Dipl. Inf. (FH) Aaron "Optimizer" Digulla     Tel: +41-1-229 27 18
"(to) optimize: Make a program faster by      EMail: