Re: unable to invoke procmail from .forward

1999-10-28 17:59:54
Andreas Deininger <deining(_at_)wiz(_dot_)uni-kassel(_dot_)de> writes:
I'm trying to get procmail running on a Linux system, but I have problems
to invoke procmail from .forward.

procmail itself is running fine, I can feed it with a testmail on the
command line and this testmail is delivered just the way I would like to
have (according to my recipes).

But now my problem: if I invoke procmail from my .forward with

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #deining"

nobody can reach me via mail any more.  I tried to send me a mail from a
colleagues account, and I got the following message (complete log at the
end of the text):

"|IFS=', ', &&, exec, /usr/bin/procmail, -f-, ||, exit, 75, #deining"
   (expanded from: <deining(_at_)wiz(_dot_)uni-kassel(_dot_)de>)

sh: ,: command not found
sh: ,: command not found
554 "|IFS=', ', &&, exec, /usr/bin/procmail, -f-, ||, exit, 75,
#deining"... unknown mailer error 127

The MTA on the mail server is broken or misconfigured -- it's not obeying
the quotes.  Complain to your mail admin or sysadmin.

Philip Guenther