Re: Dup check, no dumping of message?

1999-10-31 14:08:04

BTW, I'm greatly in favor of setting PATH and calling executables by their
basenames over setting variables for every executable's absolute path and
invoking them all by their variables.

 I am in favour of this, too, but it is not always possible in some
 situations.

 1. PATH=dir1:dir2
    prog1 and prog2 exist in both dir1 and dir2, and you want
    to use prog1 from dir1 and prog2 from dir2.

 2. I need the follwoing workaround for buggy fgrep on Solaris

GNU=/usr/local/gnu
FGREP="`if [ -x $GNU/bin/fgrep ] ; then echo $GNU ; elif [ -x
/usr/xpg4/bin/fgrep ] ; then echo /usr/xpg4 ; else : ; fi`/bin/fgrep"

    If GNU fgrep exists on the machine procmail is running on, use it.
    Else, use /usr/xpg4/bin/fgrep. Only if neither exists, use /bin/fgrep.
    Of course, I could simply go and hardwire /usr/xpg4/bin/fgrep ...