help with disk quotas for mail

1999-11-06 13:07:49
Help :

I am trying to install quotas on my mail server so that my users can't have
a mail file greater then 5 megs.  I have set up quotas on my system and I am
postive that they are working on the /var drive.  My problem is that since
mail processing daemons (etc) are run by priveledged users, they will write
to the mail file and exceed the quota.  I read in one of the faqs on
sendmail.org that if i use procmail i should be ok because procmail
observers quotas.  It tells me to look at the Mlocal line in my sendmail.cf
which looks like this :

Mlocal,         P=/usr/libexec/mail.local, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qrmn9, S=10/30,
R=20/40
                    T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                    A=mail -d $u

Obviously, there is no procmail in there so i have changed the line to this
:

Mlocal,         P=/usr/libexec/mail.local, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qrmn9, S=10/30,
R=20/40
                    T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                    A=/usr/local/bin/procmail -d $u

But it still doesn't work, the quotas still get exceeded.  I'll be the first
to admit that I am no genius when it comes to sendmail or procmail...in
fact, i hadn't even heard of procmail until today.  If anyone knows what can
be done to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bill