Re: procmail over NFS mounted home dirs?

1999-11-09 21:28:55
janus(_at_)eskimo(_dot_)com writes:
I'm having some problems using procmail when my home dir (and
consequently all the destination folders) is mounted via NFS.

Here's what i get in my log file:
 procmail: Kernel-lock failed
 procmail: Kernel-unlock failed

Is there a way to alleviate this?  other than not mounting over NFS of
course 8)

procmail version is 3.13.1 as comes with redhat 6.1
linux kernel is 2.2.13

I would suggest recompiling procmail.  During the configuring process you
will be asked for a list of directories on different servers.  You should
select one directory on a local file system and one on each NFS mount from
a different platform.  For example, if you're mounting from another Linux
box and from a Solaris box, you would select one directory (that you can
write to!) mounted from each server.  A set of tests will then be run
to see how well kernel locking works between them (or if it does at all).

Philip Guenther