Re: .procmailrc

1999-11-12 07:12:28
Is there anyway to tell procmail to look somewhere other than
a users home directory for .procmailrc?  With sendmail you can
tell it the .forward file exists for example in
/usr/local/users/username.forward.

Not without source modifications.  You'll need to hack cgetpwnam()
and cgetpwuid() in src/authenticate.c to return a modified passwd
structure with a new home directory (i.e. /usr/local/users/username).

We do this at NCSA since home directories are in AFS and it's a big
pain to make .procmailrc files readable by a non-authenticated
process, so we share common space from an NFS RAID for that type
of thing.

Send me personal email if you need a working example...

Chris