Re: Backing up mail

1999-11-22 11:01:42
"David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)Mcs(_dot_)Net> writes:
    {
     :0Wc: # $BACKPFILE$LOCKEXT will do just fine as the local lockfile
     * < 500001
     $BACKPFILE
     :0EWhc:
     $BACKPFILE

     :0
     * $ ! LASTFOLDER ?? (^^|/)$BACKPFILE^^
     { EXITCODE = 75  HOST }
    }

| I'm just wondering, shouldn't it be :0e ?

An `e' flag might do instead of the test on $LASTFOLDER, but I'm not sure
exactly how that would work with the preceding `E' flag.

It won't work in this case because the `e' flag checks whether the
previous _recipe_ matched but had its action fail, not whether the last
action that was tried suceeded or failed.  If the first recipe matches
but fails, then the second recipe won't match at all, so that the third
recipe, if it had the `e' flag, would not match.

Philip Guenther