Procmail MTA problems

1999-11-29 06:42:08

Hi

We are running Red Hat 6.1, sendmail and procmail
as a MTA. The problem is following:

-we have several virtual hosts running and we want to
add autoresponder service. We have set-up correct
autoresponder with .procmailrc but the problem
is that it doesnt read .procmailrc file, because
email is already in user mailbox. If we copy the
.procmailrc to another user directory and we set-up
a alias in sendmail... it works because .procmailrc
file executes.

Is there something to work around it? We dont want
to set-up two shell accounts just for autoresponder
stuff.

You can also write me offline: mckay(_at_)postmaster(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk

Thank you
McKay