Re: [autoresponder] testing existence of requested file

1999-11-29 16:45:18
++ 29/11/99 09:09 +0200 - era eriksson:
   :0 wc #flags ... what's the E for? What's the h for?

Sorry, those were left-overs from other recipes as the part i posted is
just a third of the actual recipe. The 'h' is useless, the 'E' was
serving a valid reason. [1]

You were also comparing TEST_TEST while setting FILE_TEST but that
wouldn't have been so hard to catch ... (Philip: How about a facility
for warning about testing unset variables, like perl -w or something?)

A known problem when troubleshooting... typo's. It's not the first time
i get stuck because of a typo.

Hope this helps,

It surely does. Thanks a lot. I'll try the suggested recipe and will get
back to you... Thank you.

        -Rejo.

[1] To be more precise. I wanted to to have procmail test if the
requested file was available in directory_1, and, if that is not the
case, if it is available in directory_2. So, that's where i needed the
'E' flag, if the first failed, try the second recipe.

--
= Rejo Zenger  [Sister Ray Crisiscentrum]
rejo(_at_)sisterray(_dot_)xs4all(_dot_)nl