Procmail Newbie: variables and scripts

1999-11-29 23:55:20

I've been putting together a very simple procmail filter/app (it's self
explanatory from the .procmailrc below). I have scoured the net looking
for examples, but everything I try fails. The commented action line works.
The uncommented action line does not. Could someone please tell me why?
The perl script works fine from the command line.

------------------------------

VERBOSE=off
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/messages
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
LOCKFILE=$PMDIR/lockfile
SHELL=/bin/sh

SUBJECT=`formail -xSubject:`
TO=`formail -xTo:`
FROM=`formail -xFrom:`

:0w:
| /home/messages/email.pl $(TO) $(FROM) $(SUBJECT)
#| (/bin/echo $TO > /home/messages/test; /bin/echo $FROM >>
/home/messages/test; /bin/echo $SUBJECT >> /home/messages/test)