Re: Keeping headers and adding body

1999-11-30 01:58:36
On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 00:26:43 +0100, Armin Hahn
<e9625287(_at_)stud3(_dot_)tuwien(_dot_)ac(_dot_)at> wrote:
Well, I would need the middle way of the solutions provided by...
Reto:
    :0 bfi
    | cat /path/to/file/with/message.txt
...because no body is there at all

That sounds like you didn't remember to create
/path/to/file/with/message.txt -- this should be a file containing the
message you want to replace the big body with. (Obviously the path
would be more like $HOME/procmail/message.txt and what Reto wrote is
just a placeholder for a real filename.)

and Bennett:
    :0cbf
    | echo big body booted
...because my text AND the original body is there.

c and f are conflicting, and you need an i flag, definitely. The flag
set bfi should be the choice here as well.

This doesn't need a file to exist because the replacement message is
short enough to be echoed. Maybe you don't need anything fancier than
that.

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--