Error Messages & Backup Cache

1999-12-02 23:00:58
1) Is  there a way to send detailed error messages to the
administrator as e-mail (besides LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log) when mail goes
awry and where is the best place to locate that recipe?

2) For a backup cache, I'm assuming the following recipe with "backup"
is a directory. Is this based on a system without a MAILDIR (assigned
in .procmailrc) and are the following recipes correct and extremely
efficient -- base on how they're designed and designated to execute?

     :0 c
     backup

     :0 ic
     | cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,100d`

3) It seems "dummy" becomes the default filename. Can I override that
with ":0 c: <filename>" OR does "backup" become the filename and
"dummy" become obsolete once MAILDIR is in affect, which means:
switching directories points to the location of "cd $MAILDIR" and "rm"
deletes "backup"?

4) Are the above recipes placed somewhere among the following recipes
-- presumably, directly following these two recipes?

     # Nuke duplicate messages
     :0 Wh: msgid.lock
     | $FORMAIL -D 8192 $PMDIR/msgid.cache

     # Regenerate "From" lines to make sure they are valid
     :0 fhw