help about formail

1999-12-05 13:26:42

hi all,

I'm developing a webmail and I am using formail to parse and extract
emails from the folders.
let's say that I have 21 email in folder inbox.
I'm using this command to extract the from's from the inbox:
$ cat inbox | formail -ds formail -x From:
and it output's me 21 lines.
I need to extract also the subject lines, and I would do it like this:
$ cat inbox | formail -ds formail -x Subject:
this, the output is only 16 lines long because some emails don't have a
subject.
I need formail to output a blank line instead of nothing, so the output
would be 21 lines, same as above.
I'm passing the output of these commands to some arrays from[] and
subject[] and I consider like this:
the email from from[2] has the subject subject[2], and so on.
I think I understand what I want to do.
I hope someone can help me.

thanks in advance.
regards,