call procmail, wait for return code

1999-12-14 19:50:14
Is there any way to make procmail complete a process, before returning
control to the calling program.

That is, if I have a shell script that calls procmail, I want procmail to
completely finish the task before returning control to the shell script.

Procmail seems to fork off another process to complete the task, and
immediately returns control to the shell script.

Therefore, if I call procmail 10 times in a loop, then all 10 jobs will end
up running simultaneously.  I want to run the jobs one at a time, until
completion, and then start the next job.

Thanks for any insights into this.

mark