Re: changing content-type header

1999-12-23 03:11:13
"David M." <davidm1(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> writes:
Thanks for the tip.  Is there any other way to do it?  I want ALL outgoing
sendmails to contain the new content type.
Using the method you described, I will have to edit all outgoing recipes,
one by one.

Would setting the Charset directive on the local mailer in sendmail
be sufficient?  That is, add "C=iso-2022-jp," to the Mlocal line in
the sendmail.cf.  With that set, when a message contains 8bit characters
and the sender is local, then when sendmail converts the message to MIME
it'll set the Content-Type: field to "text/plain; charset=iso-2022-jp".
For the above to work, you may need to change the EightBitMode option to
"Mime" if it isn't already.

However, the *right* thing is for the software generating the message
to be setting the Content-Type: correctly.  In particular, only it can
decide if "format=flowed" is correct.

Philip Guenther