Re: @host.somewhere.com

1999-12-23 03:11:14
"Robert A Clarks" <raclark(_at_)regence(_dot_)com> writes:
I'm having a hard time finding the right place to hook ruleset 0 in sendmail
8.9.1

The first part of the hook matches "user<@somewhere.com.>",  and calls procmai
passing "user(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com(_dot_)procmail(_dot_)" .

But when procmail passes the message back to sednmail, I get
"user(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com(_dot_)procmail@pentagon.somewhere.com" where
pentagon is the name
of the host that all of this stuff is running on.

Questions: Is procmail adding the "@pentagon.somwhere.com" on before calling
sendmail to pass the message back in?

No.  This sounds more like a problem with your sendmail.cf.  Hmm, adding
"procmail" to class 'P' may help.  Try adding the line

CPprocmail

to your sendmail.cf and see what happens.

Is there any place I can learn about the "$@" variable, and how it is built?

It's just a copy of the arguments passed to procmail, split into arguments
the same way as how they were passed to procmail.  It's almost exactly
the same as how "$@" is treated by the Bourne shell, so try taking a
look at the sh(1) manpage.

Is there a better way to hook into ruleset 0?

I have not heard of one.

Philip Guenther