Linebuf

1999-12-24 15:19:06
  What does 'LINEBUF' represent? is that the size in memory, lines, or is
that the size in characters? The procmailrc man page doesn't quite say

   LINEBUF     Length of the internal line buffers, cannot be
               set smaller than 128.  All lines read from the
               rcfile  should  not exceed $LINEBUF characters
               before and after expansion.  If not specified,
               it  defaults  to 2048.  This limit, of course,
               does not apply to the mail itself,  which  can
               have  arbitrary  line  lengths,  or could be a
               binary file for that matter.

  The first line says 'Length' which makes me think lines in the rcfile,
the third line talks about characters, so now I'm thinking characters in
the rcfile, then I see 'defaults to 2048' which makes me start thinking
memory size. So now I'm not quite sure which one it is.
  Someone enlighten me please.  :)

--
        S.Toms - tomas(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com - homepage is in the works
                   SuSE Linux v6.2+ - Kernel 2.2.13

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what value there may
be in owning a piece thereof.
                -- National Lampoon, "Deteriorata"