.forward is NOT needed to call procmail on REDHAT LINUX 6.0

1999-12-28 17:26:48
hi,

i see that turning off the ".forward" file will still allow prcomail to run
on my server.

i just renamed it ".forward.off"...

thanks

greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Bennett Todd [mailto:bet(_at_)rahul(_dot_)net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 1999 5:32 PM
To: Gregory S. Waits
Cc: procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
Subject: Re: Simple Auto Responder

1999-12-28-18:24:19 Gregory S. Waits:
i offering a reward for a recipe that can do the following:

1. Send out the contents of a file to anyone who sends a message to a POP
account.

2. I would like to be able to use more than one POP.

I.E. Send an email to "sales(_at_)myplace(_dot_)com" and get a automated
reply saying
"The contents of the file, preferrably a simple text paragraph are
inserted
from the file into the body of the automated reply".

I don't know what you mean by 2., but for 1., it's easy:

:0 Whc
* !^FROM_DAEMON
$HOME/reply)
\
        | $SENDMAIL -t

You can add more tests and logic if you like, but that's the minimum I'd
recommend. If you don't want the recipe to "fall through" and keep a copy of
the "requesting" message in your inbox, take the "c" off the end of the
flags.

-Bennett