Re: "FROM value" (was: Procmail.)

2000-01-03 07:27:26
Dear Mr. Era,

I received your e-mail, but i do not understand how can i call a external
mail in procmailrc. Can i use sendmail in this? What i have to do in
procmailrc?

I try to use EX_CANTCREAT, but this return message delivers 2 mail messages
back, rather than 1.

If i modify this to return just 1 message, i am allowed to chage the subject
and mail body of this message???

I am just trying to send the message back to sender if  the function
checksize fails.

Can you help me again??? I really need to do this... This for my job...
otherwise i am do not beem so boring.... :-)

Best Regards,

Ricardo Borges.

----- Original Message -----
From: era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi>
To: Ricardo Borges <ricardo(_dot_)borges(_at_)gbl(_dot_)com(_dot_)br>
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 1999 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: "FROM value" (was: Procmail.)

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:43:06 -0000, "Ricardo Borges"
<ricardo(_dot_)borges(_at_)gbl(_dot_)com(_dot_)br> wrote:
 > if (checksize(chp)!=0)
 >

 >     FILE *msg_ret;
 >
 >     popen = ("sendmail -s MailBoxFull
somebody(_at_)someserver(_dot_)net","w");
 >     fprintf(msg_ret,"Mail Box Full");
 >     pclose(msg_ret);
 >     unlock(&lock);
 >     return EXIT_SUCESS;
 >     Terminate();
 > }

Barring the typos and syntax errors, I think exiting with EX_CANTCREAT
(look in /usr/include/sysexits.h -- this is Sendmail-specific I
believe) should be the way to go (like I told you in mail already).

There's not much point in trying to hack this into Procmail itself,
just make an external program and call it from /etc/procmailrc.

/* era */

--
 Too much to say to fit into this .signature anyway:
<http://www.iki.fi/era/>