Problem: procmail as Solaris Local TA

2000-01-06 12:10:59

We tried to use procmail as the local transport agent on our
SunOS 5.7 system. Zmailer is our mailer. Procmail version is:
procmail-3.14

In this situation, procmail is functioning properly on several test and
all other 'lower-case' accounts.

The problem is that procmail is failing to deliver mail to 'SomeAccount'
with the error that user someaccount does not exist.

We used a wrapper to confirm that procmail is receiving 'SomeAccount' and
account 'SomeAccount' does exist.

A look at the code suggests that the CaseSensitive lookup is failing and
pocmail is switching to case 'insensitive' in a valiant attempt to
deliver the mail.

Any history of this behaviour on record.. fixes, etc...

David Potter
System Administration
Chebuto Community Net