Re: not starting one recipe until the previous has finished

2000-01-06 14:07:39
"David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)Mcs(_dot_)Net> writes:
Era wrote,

| Obviously with f,
| some sort of w is implicit, but I believe somebody recommended the w
| flag with f as a rule, sometime way back when.

With `w' or `W' on a filtering recipe, procmail will recover the previous
text if the filtering command returns a non-zero exit code.  Without `w' or
`W' procmail will recover the previous text only if the filtering command
doesn't accept the input.

So with `f,' `w' doesn't mean "wait" so much as "wrecover."

How about "watch", as in "watch the return code".

Philip Guenther