Some broken e-mail and pm-jamime-decode.rc

2000-01-17 05:20:05
I get from time to time broken e-mail with 8-bit codes that seem to
come from the PC world.  Is there anything that verifies MIME e-mail
and can translate such characters?  Here are some of the lines I get
(this is with mailer UnityMail):

----- ?Family Newsletters,? by Juliana Smith

----- "Help for Beginners (And Reminders for the Rest of Us),? by Juliana Smith

The above codes are O223 for left-double-quote and O224 for
right-double-quote.  I believe that there are other such characters.

Cheers to al,

        --Ralph

Dr. Ralph P. Sobek                Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
Ralph(_dot_)Sobek(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr                       Addresses are
ordered by importance.
sobek(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr,       newsmaster(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr,
postmaster(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr
Ph:(+33)[0]561558618   FAX:(+33)[0]561556258   http://www.irit.fr/~Ralph.Sobek/
Why can't Congress pass Gun Control or decent Health HMO Laws? And East Timor?