Re: [procmail] Procmail log w/root-tail

2000-01-21 11:00:32
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Reto Lichtensteiger wrote:

rl> Replace that with:
rl>
rl>   if $test .$MSkeeplogfile = .
rl>   then $cat "$LOGFILE" > "$OLDLOGFILE"; $cat $DEVNULL >>"$LOGFILE"
rl>   else OLDLOGFILE="$LOGFILE"
rl>   fi
rl>

  That seemed to do it, I don't know why, but when I was trying something
similar from the command line to see if it would take, it wouldn't
but I think that's because I was using a > (replace) rather then an >>
(append). But now it seems to be doing exactly what I expected it to do.
  Thanks bigtime :)

rl> Notice it's the second line that's changed; I used cat to copy the log
rl> file rather than mv'ing it and then the second cat truncates the original
rl> logfile.
rl>
rl> R
rl>

--
        S.Toms - tomas(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com - homepage is in the works
                   SuSE Linux v6.2+ - Kernel 2.2.13

Gosh that takes me back... or is it forward?  That's the trouble with
time travel, you never can tell."
                -- Doctor Who "Androids of Tara"