Re: Recipe needed: ºÃÏûÏ¢£¡ (fwd)

2000-01-22 10:29:30
On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:57:49 -0800 (PST), Stephen Hill
<nugrange(_at_)best(_dot_)com> wrote:

I don't even know how to enter letters like these, much less how to
write a recipe to /dev/null them.  How does one dump "non-printable"
messages, like the one that I've attached?
  I'm testing such a recipe for the next version of my SpamDunk
Project filter.  It kicks out email that's 5% or more high-bit
characters (allowing for the occasional "Trademark" or "Registered"
or "Copyright" symbol). Do you want me to email you a copy?  It'll
have to go as a zipped attachment, because high-bit characters
would get mangled if sent as regular text.  If you can't handle
zip-files, what other compressions can you uncompress?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org> http://www.waltdnes.org
SpamDunk Project procmail spamfilters.