Re: "Synchronizing" mail in 2 accounts

2000-02-01 22:19:17
"Colin J. Raven" <cjraven(_at_)ddf-lab(_dot_)com> writes:
I have a user with 2 accounts, both shells that need to have the same mail
in them (all sent to account 1 is copied to 2, all sent to 2 is also
copied to 1)
This is definitely a ringing mail scenario if not handled properly. This
is what I was able to come up with, right out of procmailex;
#Send stuff to account 2 (everything)
:0 c
! user(_at_)account2
# wont send anything that originally came from account2

Umm, did you actually _read_ the procmailex(5) manpage?  When I look
at it I find a paragraph that starts

       Suppose you have two accounts, you use both accounts regu-
       larly,  but they are in very distinct places (i.e. you can
       only  read  mail  that  arrived  at  either  one  of   the
       accounts).   You  would  like  to forward mail arriving at
       account one to account two, and the other way around.  ...

It goes on to show a recipe that should be installed in the
$HOME/.procmailrc file at each site that will correctly handle the
situation.  Did you try that recipe?

Philip Guenther