Filter question (er duh!)

2000-02-29 09:14:37
Hello, all. I'm trying to set up a procmail filter to split up my ISP
e-mail into that personal and business e-mail. At my work e-mail server,
I've created a new user named dump who runs fetchmail to get mail from
my ISP, then either forward to my real account on my work e-mail server
or return to the ISP, to be retrieved later from my home linux box using
the opposite set of rules. My work email server uses exim, I'm not sure
about the ISP.

My .procmailrc is pretty much out of the docs, with VERBOSE=yes, ending
in:
    INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/filter.rc
My getmail script runs fetchmail, then runs mailstat on the logfiles and
mails that to me(_at_)work(_dot_)com(_dot_)

dump(_at_)work(_dot_)com is now getting mail delivery errors. One's from my work
server say:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery sofware.
A message that you sent could not be delivered to all recipients. The
following address failed:
            dump(_at_)work(_dot_)com
               generated by |/usr/bin/procmail

Ones from my ISP say:
This mail message has exceeded the maximum number of hops.
The requested destination was:
  me(_at_)isp(_dot_)com

In both cases, the message is one that is supposed to be returned to
me(_at_)isp(_dot_)com to be picked up by me at home.

Hopefully this has made my situation more or less clear. Can I make this
work? Am I setting up a big circular thing that the various servers
think will grow without bound?

Thanks very much. .

filter.rc looks like this
# Start of filter.rc
# Copy everything to backup stuff - from procmail tips n recipes
:0 c
backup

:0 ic
| cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,32d`

# Stuff to send back to ISP
:0
* ^From:<stuff>|\
   ^TO_<stuff\|