Re: reply recipe peek

2000-03-15 09:21:27
John Summerfield <summer(_at_)OS2(_dot_)ami(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> writes:
"sendmail -t" causes sendmail to scan the missive for addresses. Therefore
the To: and cc: headers in the incomimg mail will be used as destinations.

I don't know the effect of -t together with commandline addresses; I'd
guess it's one of
1      An error. Mail goes nowhere.
2      Not an error. Mail goes to all addresses.

With current versions of sendmail it's #2.  However, there's evidence
that they're looking at changing it to #3:

3       Not an error.  Mail goes to addresses listed in the message
        header *except* for those listed on the command line.

Grep for _FFR_FIX_DASHT in the sendmail source...  ("FFR" stands for
"for future release")

Philip Guenther